Twelve Inmates Escape from Koton-Karfe Custodial Centre -- NCoS
Twelve Inmates Escape from Koton-Karfe Custodial Centre -- NCoS

The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS) has confirmed the escape of 12 inmates from the Koton Karfe Medium Security Custodial Centre in Kogi State during the early hours of Monday.
Speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja, the Service Public Relations Officer (SPRO), Mr. Abubakar Umar, disclosed the incident and provided further details on the situation.
Umar said that two of the escaped inmates have been recaptured, while efforts are being made to recapture the remaining 10 inmates.
Umar assured that a comprehensive investigation had been launched to unravel the circumstances surrounding the jail break.
“We are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident especially to determine how the inmates managed to break out without causing structural damage.
“Unfortunately, one of our officer lost his life during the incident.
“We are working closely with the police and other security agencies to ensure that the escaped inmates are rearrested and brought back to custody “, he said.
NAN